Fashion buying requires both strong commercial understanding as well as theoretical knowledge. This Fashion Buying with Design (Hons) BA programme from De Montfort University will prepare you for a diverse range of roles within the global fashion industry by developing in-depth design and buying expertise, and by gaining knowledge of the product lifecycle and critical path, current trends, selection, costing and promotion.
Learn about garment design, pattern cutting, prototyping, construction, and computer-aided design (CAD), while investigating materials, embellishments and technical approaches.
We place a strong emphasis on nurturing your professional practice through personal development planning which encourages you to reflect on your progress and achievements and identify areas you wish to develop and improve, as well as guided research and critical reasoning and offer you the option to specialise in design in years two and three.
- Our graduates go on to a variety of areas within fashion buying - recent employers include Pretty Little Thing, Next, Marks & Spencer, Piarossini, Boden, F&F at Tesco and O'Neill.
- Charlotte Purnell graduated with a first-class honours degree and now works as a Junior Garment Technician in the snow department with leading lifestyle brand O’Neill, in Amsterdam.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Buying
- Textile Materials
- Fashion Communication
- Design Cultures
- Style and Colour
- Design Cultures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 218 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A-levels, including grade 4 in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
It is normally required that students have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
- International application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £9,250 with the EU undergraduate transitional scholarship (T&Cs apply)
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.