Interior Design challenges us to rethink existing interiors as well as looking at the spaces created between structures. It focuses on the way people interact within these environments. At this Interior Design (Hons) BA programme from De Montfort University you’ll explore the regeneration and adaptation of real buildings and sites and learn how to turn old commercial premises into exciting new spaces for exhibition, retail, leisure, eating and socialising purposes. You’ll develop skills in drawing, 3D modelling, computing, video-modelscope and computer-aided design (CAD).
You’ll also learn about the importance of visual communication, design cultures and heritage, and culture and context. This solid foundation will enable you to develop your own personal style and design language and, as you grow in confidence, you’ll become increasingly autonomous as you pursue individual design projects.
- Our graduates have gone on to work in a variety of areas within interior design, including interior specialists for architects, exhibition and event designers, heritage design, set design consultants, point of sale design and 3D visualisers.
- Recent employers include Jack Morton Worldwide (United Arab Emirates), Black Marble, CPMG Architects, Redd Europe Ltd, Leonard Design Architects, and Gensler.
- Milena Wiorkiewicz and Zoe Lee secured design roles with Haley Sharpe Design (HSD) upon graduating. HSD is a world-leading exhibition design agency with offices in the UK, Canada and South Africa.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Visual Communication
- Construction Technology
- Design Cultures
- Principles of Construction Technology and Practice
- Principles of Visual Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 101 other Bachelors in Interior Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A-levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £9,250 with the EU undergraduate transitional scholarship (T&Cs apply)
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.