The Medicine programme offered at the Aston University has been designed to equip you with the clinical expertise and confidence needed to embark on your first post after graduation as a Foundation doctor, while encouraging you to develop into an independent life-long learner with critical thinking skills and a caring and compassionate attitude.
Medicine is a demanding subject so it is important to look after yourself and have a good support network. You will be allocated a Personal Tutor who can offer advice on study-related or personal issues and we have a dedicated Student Support Lead to help you cope with the unique requirements of a medical student. In addition, there is a wide range of university support services. You will have many opportunities to explore new interests, develop hobbies and make new friends: these form an important part of university life and provide a balance to the work.
Your future career
Once you have completed your five year MBChB degree with us you will have a variety of training options available to you depending on what you want to achieve from your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Cell Biology & Genetics
- Sociological & Psychological Aspects of Health
- Fundamentals of Body Structure
- Public & Global Health
- Introduction to Physiology and Pharmacology
- Cardiovascular System
- Metabolism, Endocrinology & Haematology
- Pathological Processes
- Introduction to Clinical Processes
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 426 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level
- AAA-AAB must include Chemistry and Biology (including passing the practical elements), please see below for further details
- Are considered with the relevant A Level subjects, please see below for further details
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- 35 overall (6,6,5 in three subjects which must include chemistry HL6 and biology HL6) please see below for further details
- Five GCSEs/IGCSEs at grade B/6 or above, must include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Double Science (or overseas equivalent).)
International42750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42750 GBP per year and a duration of 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.