We believe our students should be supported as you develop into inquisitive and enthusiastic problem solvers. Using a range of underpinning knowledge and technical skills, you will be able to tackle problems faced by industry today and into the future.
The Mechanical Engineering (Hons) programme offered at the Aston University takes the BEng and develops it to a full Masters level programme, which fully meets all the academic requirements for Chartered Engineer status.
From your first year you'll be working on major projects, often in partnership with commercial engineering companies. You will work with colleagues, staff and engineers from industry to develop real solutions to live problems.
Our close links with industry and the broad basis of our degree programme ensures our students have excellent career opportunities upon graduating. You might want to go into careers in:
- research, development and design
- automotive engineering
- manufacturing systems engineering
- power generation
- advanced technology and computer-aided design
- accountancy, management, marketing
- Navy, Army and RAF Officer training
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design and Experimentation
- Prototyping and Development
- Electronic Engineering Foundations
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Mathematics
- Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Quality Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 380 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB – BBB to include Maths and a physical science or technology subject (e.g. Physics, Further Maths, Design Technology, Chemistry, Engineering Science, Biology or Electronics)
- Extended Diploma and National Extended Diploma: DDM. Subject specific requirements - for more, please see below.
- 31 overall points with 5, 5, 5 in higher level subjects including Maths and Physics at higher level grade 5.
- GCSE English Grade C/4 or above and Maths Grade C/4 or above
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £4,625
- International/EU students During placement year :£4,625
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.