Digital electronics and computer systems are significant in commerce, industry and the home, and have an ever increasing impact on the way we work and live. They form one of the most rapidly changing and influential technologies in modern society. To gain the competitive edge over its global rivals, British industry and commerce needs trained computer systems engineers with skills in both hardware and software who can assess, contribute to, harness and influence the growth of information technology.
The design of this Electronic Engineering and Computer Science (Hons) course from the Aston University emphasises ‘doing’ as well as ‘knowing’, helping you to develop essential practical, intellectual, business and communication skills. This ‘real world’ approach, combined with the beneficial experience you will gain during your placement, will give you a clear competitive edge in the search for graduate employment.
Career progression and personal development
Well-trained graduates with skills in electronics design, software, telecommunications and engineering are in high demand.
Some of our recent graduates are currently commanding high salaries working in government, the public sector and in private industry. In the latter sector, employers include Olympus, Corus, HSBC, Hewlett Packard, Oxford University, BAE Systems, Npower, Cogent Defence, Siemens, Orange, Vodafone, QinetiQ, National Grid, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar Cars and Microsoft.
Other graduates have chosen to study for PhD degrees or have started their own businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Java Programming Foundations (CS)
- Java Program Development
- Electronic Engineering Fundamentals
- Mathematics for Physics and Engineering
- Engineering Projects
- Physical Principles for EECS
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 863 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB-BBB, to include Maths and a Physical Science or Technology A Level (e.g. Physics, Electronics, Computer Science)
- Extended Diploma: Science/Technical/Engineering types, DDM plus 1 A-Level in Maths or Physical Science or Technology at Grade B. For more details see below.
- 31 overall points with 5, 5, 5 in Higher Level subjects, including Higher Level Maths or Physics.
- Maths and English Grade C/4 and above
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £4,625
- International/EU students During placement year: £4,625
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.