Because electronic engineering impacts on so many facets of modern-day life, it is perhaps no surprise to find that it is the most extensive and pervasive of all the engineering disciplines.
The design of this innovative Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Hons) programme offered at the Aston University emphasises ‘doing’ as well as ‘knowing’, helping you to develop essential practical, intellectual, business and communication skills. This ‘real world’ approach, combined with the beneficial experience you will gain during your placement, will give you a clear competitive edge in the search for graduate employment.
Well-trained graduates with skills in electronics design, software, telecommunications and engineering are in high demand. Some of our recent graduates are currently commanding high salaries working in government, the public sector and in private industry. In the latter sector, employers include Olympus, Oclaro, Corus, HSBC, Hewlett Packard, Oxford University, BAE Systems, Npower, Cogent Defence, Siemens, Orange, Vodafone, QinetiQ, National Grid, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar Cars, Schlumberger and Microsoft. Other graduates have chosen to study for PhD degrees or have started their own businesses
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electronic Engineering Fundamentals
- Mathematics for Physics and Engineering
- Computational Problem Solving
- Engineering Projects
- Electrical Principles
- Physical Principles
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 304 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB - BBB including Maths and a physical science or technology subject (e.g. Physics, Further Maths, Design Technology, Engineering Science, Electronics)
- Extended Diploma and National Extended Diploma: DDM including specific units at Distinction.. For more details please see below.
- 31 overall points with 5, 5, 5 in Higher Level subjects, including Higher Level Maths or Physics.
- Maths and English Grade C/4 and above.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £4,625
- International/EU students During placement year:£4,625
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.