Biochemistry is the study of life at the molecular level. You will explore the way that molecules are synthesised, regulated and interact to give rise to highly complex organisms. Biochemistry lies at the interface of the life and physical sciences and is therefore applicable to a wide range of fields such as medicine, pharmaceutics and biotechnology.
This Biochemistry (Hons) course offered at the Aston University has been designed to meet the rising demand for qualified biochemists within the UK and across the world.
Your future career prospects
Biochemistry graduates are equipped for a wide range of professional careers in both the public and private sectors including research and development, scientific communication, patent law, sales and management. Many graduates will undertake further postgraduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cells to Systems
- Microbiology and Genetics
- Molecular Metabolism
- Cell Membranes
- Mechanisms of Pathology
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Protein Structure and Function
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 492 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB-BBB (must include Biology and Chemistry)
- Are welcome with the relevant A Level subjects, please see below for further details
- International baccalaureate diploma
- 32 – 31 Overall (HL 5, 5, 5 must include Biology and Chemistry)
- Five GCSEs all at grade C/4 and must include Mathematics and English Language
International19300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19300 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.