About The Programme
Throughout the Fashion Design (Hons) course at Leeds Arts University we will teach you how to be an inspired fashion thinker, and to realise your concepts through both industry standard pattern-cutting and garment construction techniques, and innovative approaches to pattern cutting as an integral part of the design process. The course will encourage you to become a commercially active, technically aware, culturally sensitive, and independent fashion practitioner.
Our focus on employability will help prepare you for a range of careers within the broader fashion industry, through live industry projects and competitions. Our networks will open up exciting opportunities for you to showcase your work on a range of fashion platforms.
Careers include positions such as fashion designer, fashion buyer, garment technologist or pattern cutter. Some students choose to take on freelance work, or set up their own company; the University’s ‘Creatives in Residence’ scheme allows selected recent graduates to realise their ambitions and develop a practice within a secure environment for a set period after graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year One — You will be introduced to the process of fashion concept development, colour awareness and application, material use and behaviour, fashion illustration, portfolio presentation, digital applications for design, pattern-drafting and garment production.
- Year Two — You will continue to develop your work process and presentation skills, and further engage with live projects, competitions, and industry events to expand and enhance your professionalism. The Menswear module will introduce you to the principles of designing for this discipline, and, through pattern cutting and garment production, you will combine traditional tailoring techniques with contemporary design.
- Year Three — This self-directed final year takes a holistic approach to your practice through a body of work that is supported by reflective and critical writing, and culminates in the realisation of your graduate collection.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 191 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A portfolio of relevant practical work, demonstrating your ability and enthusiasm for the course you’re applying for.
- You’ll need to have passed GCSE English Language or English Literature at grade C/grade 4 or above. For mature students, an Access to Higher Education qualification in art and design will also be acceptable to demonstrate English language ability.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Seven £2000 scholarships are available as a tuition fee discount for your first year of study. You can apply for the scholarship after receiving an offer to study here. Successful recipients will be informed during the first week of June.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.