What is econometrics? 'Eco' in 'econometrics' pertains to the field of economics. 'Metrics' literally stands for 'measuring'. This means that econometrics is essentially a quantitative program that is fundamentally scientific in nature but is applicable to the real world. If you are good at economics, mathematics and statistics, and if you thrive on solving real problems by thinking analytically and logically, then you will excel in this program.
Three main fields of study come together in Econometrics and Operations Research :
- Econometrics and Mathematical Economics: the mathematical approach to economics
- Operations Research and Management Science: decision-making modeling
- Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science: the mathematical aspects of finance and insurances
- This program is perfect for students who thrive on solving real-life problems by using mathematics and statistics and by thinking analytically and logically.
- Tilburg University holds excellent international rankings in the fields of economics and econometrics (QS ranking: #37 in the world).
- Researchers and professors in the Econometrics program at Tilburg University are leaders in their field: they have strong expertise in quantitative finance, operations research, quantitative logistics, mathematical economics, and econometric methods.
- The 'Improving Society Lab', which runs alongside your program in years 1 and 2, gives you the unique opportunity to see practical applications of Econometrics from the start.
- This is your ticket to one of our Master’s programs with excellent career perspectives: no less than 85% of our Master’s students find a job before graduation.
Tilburg University holds excellent international rankings in the fields of economics and econometrics (QS Economics & Econometrics ranking: # 50; ARWU Economics subject ranking: # 30)
Our graduates often continue towards several different Master’s programs, including Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, Business Analytics and Operations Research and Management Science, Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Marketing Analytics, International Business Tax Economics, and various Master’s programs in the field of Data Science.Plenty of jobs at graduation
A great strength of the Econometrics and Operations Research program is that all graduates are able to find jobs shortly after or even before graduating from their Master’s program.
Your specialization is your way to determine where your career will start. Graduates from different specializations have pursued successful careers in logistics and the management of multinationals, at banks and insurance companies, in consultancy, and also at research institutes and in science. Many graduates end up as data analysts or data scientists; a career path for which specialists are very much in demand at the moment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Improving Society Lab EOR
- Introduction Analysis and Probability Theory
- Macroeconomics EOR
- Linear Algebra
- Improving Society Lab EOR
- Mathematical Analysis
- Microeconomics EOR
- Probability and Statistics
- Introduction Econometrics
- Introduction Finance and Actuarial Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Econometrics Actuarial Science View 13 other Masters in Econometrics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission to a research university, you must have a high school diploma that is considered equal to the highest level of secondary education in the Netherlands (the Dutch VWO diploma). Examples of diplomas which are accepted for admission include the
- Dutch VWO diploma,
- International Baccalaureate,
- European Baccalaureate.
- Most European high school diplomas which allow direct access to a university in your own country.
- As our Bachelor’s programs are taught entirely in English, you will need to demonstrate your English language proficiency.
- Mathematics plays a very large role in the Econometrics and Operations Research program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.