Molecular and Cellular Biology explores the complex mechanisms that coordinate the essential systems that define a living cell and that allow cells to have differentiated properties. This knowledge is used to look at how unicellular and multicellular organisms function and how it can provide researchers with crucial insights into the basis of human and animal diseases.
By studying a major in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Waikato, you will:
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the molecules of life and the relationship between the structure and function of biomolecules;
- Understand the subcellular and cellular organisation of eukaryotic cells and the key catabolic, anabolic and metabolic cellular processes that occur;
- Learn how to distinguish between the genetic organisation and gene expression of viruses, prokaryotes, and eukaryotes, and describe the mechanisms of inheritance and evolution;
- Be able to describe the anatomy and physiology of mammals and other organisms, and the mechanisms behind certain diseases.
- Agricultural Researcher
- Plant and Food Researcher
- Quarantine Officer
- Chemical Analyst
- Laboratory Technician
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Advanced Genetics
- Advanced Microbiology
- Applied Animal Physiology
- Molecular Biology and Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Bioinformatics Genetics View 4 other Bachelors in Bioinformatics in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
International22523 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22523 USD per year during 36 months.
National5202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5202 USD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic: $7,280 per year
- International: $31,515 - $33,735 per year
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.