A career in medicine is a calling like no other: the chance to harness science and make a real difference, often saving people’s lives. Perhaps you are drawn to the many practical and intellectual challenges this well respected and rewarding profession offers, where no day is ever the same.
Whatever your motivations, our Medicine degree from St George's, University of London offers a unique opportunity to study in a multidisciplinary clinical setting together with students across the full range of healthcare professions, building your appreciation of what it means to work as part of a team.
Our transformative education blends academic and practical clinical skills training with on-the-job placement learning. This provides the knowledge, understanding, skills and professional competencies to help you become a confident, resilient doctor. Students tell us that this early patient contact and rotation across a comprehensive range of medical services and specialities which begins in the first year is what makes our course stand out from the rest.
A medical qualification from St George’s is quality-assured and recognised internationally. With our MBBS you will be perfectly placed to contribute to the ongoing development of medicine and healthcare provision globally.
A medical qualification from St George’s is quality-assured and recognised internationally. With our MBBS degree you will be perfectly placed to contribute to the ongoing development of medicine and healthcare provision globally.
At the end of the undergraduate course, you will receive your MBBS degree, which is a primary medical qualification (PMQ). Holding a PMQ entitles you to provisional registration with the General Medical Council (GMC), as long as the GMC has no concerns relating to your fitness to practise. Provisionally registered doctors can only practise in approved Foundation Year 1 posts; the law does not allow provisionally registered doctors to undertake any other type of work.
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Good Medical Practice Clinical Attachment (Paediatrics and Geriatrics, Medicine, Surgery)
- Case-based Learning tutorial
- Clinical skills and communication
- Life Maintenance Module (Endocrine and Alimentary Systems, Kidney and Body Fluids, Metabolism)
- Life Structure module (Musculoskeletal and Integument, Genetics)
- Good Medical Practice clinical placement continuation
- Life Control module (Neuroscience and Psychiatry)
- Life Cycle module (Inheritance, Reproduction, Growth, Ageing and Disability)
- Life Protection module (Infection, Immunity, Mechanisms of Disease)
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 968 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must provide:
- full details of your Level 2 (GCSE equivalent qualifications) with grades
- full details of your Level 3 (A Level or equivalent qualifications) with achieved/predicted grades
- a personal statement (more information about this document is available on the UCAS website)
- an academic reference from your current or most recent institutions with predicted grades.
- International applicants must provide a full syllabus/transcript of the subjects they have completed up to year 12 (or equivalent).
- Students from outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland will need a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
International38500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 192500 GBP for the full programme during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46250 GBP for the full programme during 60 months.
International (including EU)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.