What makes the Bachelor Food Technology unique?
- Practical: Students apply chemistry, physics and biology to develop foods.
- Large and diverse sector: There are many companies in the Netherlands and across the globe that offering attractive positions.
- Quality management: Develop new methods to guarantee a market for good products.
Future career and master’s programmes
Academic bachelor’s programmes actually serve as preparation for additional, relevant master’s programmes. Very few BSc graduates go looking for a job straight away, and the job market is not (or not yet) structured to accommodate graduates from the Food Technology programme at Wageningen University and Research .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The bachelor (BSc) of Food Technology is a three-year full-time programme. The first year includes four subjects specific to food technology, and the remainder are mostly core subjects in mathematics, chemistry, physics and biology.
- The second year consists primarily of specialist subjects in food technology. The third year includes only one compulsory subject, and the rest of the year is made up of electives and the BSc thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences View 6 other Masters in Food Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be in possession of a secondary school leaving certificate (a Dutch ‘vwo-diploma’) or an equivalent to the Dutch pre-university diploma, and;
- Have studied certain subjects (at the required level) relevant to the programme you are applying for, and;
- Meet the English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14616 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.