With the continuing growth of the culinary and food industry, there is a need for professionals who can marry detailed gastronomic knowledge, advanced management skills and the level of business acumen required to work in modern Canadian kitchens and food companies.
- The Bachelor of Commerce (Culinary Management) (Bridging) (Hons) at George Brown College meets industry demand by preparing students with the depth and breadth of knowledge commensurate with an honours level, undergraduate commerce degree specializing in culinary management. Combining commerce, culinary, food studies and externship experiences, this degree program prepares graduates for kitchen, operations management or food development positions. Throughout our culinary management degree, students will gain an understanding of eight key areas:
- Culinary Proficiency
- Culinary Theory
- Accounting and Finance
- Marketing and Communications
- Human Resources and Risk Management
- Specialized Business
- General Knowledge (Liberal Studies)
A world of opportunities awaits you when you graduate. Completion of this program will demonstrate your level of commitment to cuisine thus differentiating you from other chefs. The skills you learn at George Brown are in demand by employers across Canada and internationally, and you will have the training to build a successful career at home or around the world.
- Principles of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Research Fundamentals
- Managerial Accounting
- Macroeconomics: Canada in the Global Environment
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Human Resources Management
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no specific deadline for submitting your application, but we recommend applying well in advance.
- Intake open for May 2022: August 2, 2021.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Commerce Culinary Arts View 58 other Bachelors in Commerce in Canada
This program is a bridge pathway into the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Culinary Management) H315 degree program, and is designed for graduates of Culinary Management diploma programs.
- A Culinary Management diploma with a program GPA of 2.7 or higher and completion of required certificates (Emergency First Aid/Heartsaver CPR, Smart Serve Certificate, Sanitation Certificate and WHMIS Certificate).
- Prospective students with Culinary Credentials outside of Ontario will require Department assessment which may result in additional courses and completion of required certificates (Emergency First Aid/Heartsaver CPR, Smart Serve Certificate, Sanitation Certificate and WHMIS Certificate) in addition to the bridge semester. International and out of province applicants who believe they are eligible for this program are invited to contact the coordinator Warren Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International18190 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18190 CAD per year during 30 months.
National8058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8058 CAD per year during 30 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.