We believe that to be a successful leader in this sector, you need to have a deep understanding of both human development and teaching & learning. In this Early Childhood Leadership (Fast-Track) (Hons) program at George Brown College we’ll guide you through a comprehensive look at each subject as it pertains to early childhood education and practice.
As human development plays an ongoing and integral role in our lives, and in particular in a child’s early years, we will expose you to this important topic from a variety of perspectives including:
- developmental psychology
- population health
You’ll also study teaching and learning through an early childhood lens. This will encompass a thorough overview of curriculum planning and design as this forms the foundation of early childhood leadership. Prior to completing your degree, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct research that will ultimately support your final thesis.
This program prepares graduates for positions as Registered Early Childhood Educators, working in partnership with certified teachers in the Full-Day Early Learning programs that are replacing junior and senior kindergarten.
Graduates will be prepared to guide and lead curriculum and pedagogy in a variety of Ontario’s early childhood settings such as:
- child care centres
- family drop-in programs
- early intervention services
- family support programs
- Quality Assurance for Early Childhood Programs
- Leadership in Learning Organizations
- Leadership in a Technological World
- Building Healthy Communities: Advocacy and Leadership
- Managing Projects as an Early Childhood Leader
- Early Childhood Program and System Delivery
- Research in Early Childhood Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no specific deadline for submitting your application, but we recommend applying well in advance.
- Intake open for September 2022: December 13, 2021.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 53 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) diploma with a minimum program GPA of 2.5; OR Early Childhood Education (ECE) diploma with a minimum 3 years related work experience in ECE (resume and reference letters required)
- Completion of three (3) George Brown College Continuing Education bridge courses that must be completed by mid-August with a minimum grade of B- (B minus) (*see bridging details further below)
- A Liberal Studies course must also be completed prior to completing Year 3 of the program (*)
- Online Information session – Other arrangements will be made for applicants who are unable to attend the online information session
International18190 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18190 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8297 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8297 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.