The core of the Fine Arts degree program of Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a strong studio curriculum focusing on the ideas and technical processes of producing contemporary art. The Fine Arts curriculum is complemented through access to a broad liberal arts education emphasizing the development of effective academic writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
Grounded in theory and practice, students develop aesthetic judgment, professional knowledge, disciplinary expertise, and the collaborative critical thinking skills required to prepare them for direct entry into today's creative economy.
The diverse needs of visual arts students are met in a vibrant environment with outstanding facilities, studios, exhibition spaces, visiting artists, student exchange programs, and opportunities for working with the community. Personal and professional development is encouraged as the degree prepares students to be practicing artists and contributing global citizens.
Key features :
- An emphasis on contemporary studio arts in two-dimensional (drawing, painting, print media, photography, digital media), three-dimensional (sculpture, ceramics, installation), and performance art.
- A thorough grounding in modern and contemporary art history and critical theory that helps students explore issues in their own work and that of others.
- A commitment to a student-centred teaching environment, small class sizes, and easy access to qualified faculty working and contributing in their field of practice and research.
- The preparation of students for entry into the cultural industries and creative economies sector of the labour market through incorporation of essential skills training into the curriculum, including cross-disciplinary applications of studio, art history and theory, and practice.
- Focus on theoretical, methodological, and applied understanding and skills required for employment and/or further studies in postgraduate education programs.
- A solid liberal arts background that will prepare students to be creative and critical thinkers.
- Dedicated studio space for 4th year B.F.A. students.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Art and Visual Culture Prehistoric to Early Renaissance
- History ot Western Art: Renaissance to the 20th Century
- Visual Language: Making and Meaning
- Form, Structure and Materials
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fine Arts View 210 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kwantlen Polytechnic University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The Faculty's Admission Requirements, which consist of KPU's undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement, apply to this program.
- All applicants to undergraduate studies must satisfy KPU's Undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement through an acceptable High school course, undergraduate course, KPU course, or testing option.
International28140 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 938 CAD per credit during 48 months.
National6180 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 206 CAD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Surrey
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.