Working with an Arts Degree Advisor, you can create a personal program of study that helps you reach specific career and personal goals, intentionally developing a broad interdisciplinary liberal arts education. Completing this degree will normally involve a selection of courses from a number of departments that form around a unifying theme.
The General Studies program of Kwantlen Polytechnic University includes:
- Development of disciplinary knowledge, core competencies, and transferable skills characteristic of traditional Bachelor of Arts programs
- Preparation for entry into the labour market by incorporating essential and employability skills in all courses
- Increasing your capacity to respond innovatively to emerging trends in society
- Opportunities for forging connections within the South Fraser region by completing research, volunteering, or working in your field of interest while completing your Kwantlen Polytechnic University degree.
The program structure for each student in the BA, Major in General Studies program will vary depending upon the focus and concentration of courses developed in consultation with the Arts Degree Advisor and may include any minor programs offered by KPU. Students preparing for teacher education programs upon graduation are encouraged to refer to the appropriate institutional admission requirements and work with a Arts Degree Advisor to ensure they include appropriate courses in their degree program.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 87 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students pursuing a major in General Studies must be admitted to the Faculty of Arts.
- All applicants to undergraduate studies must satisfy KPU's Undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement through an acceptable High school course, undergraduate course, KPU course, or testing option.
International10068 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10068 CAD per year during 48 months.
National2213 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Surrey
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.