In this four-year interdisciplinary program, you will not only acquire practical skills that you can employ in your multicultural communities locally, you will also develop the intellectual and cultural competencies required to operate successfully in a world where the nations of East and South Asia are increasingly influential.
As an Asian Studies student at Kwantlen Polytechnic University you will begin your first year of studies with courses that introduce you to Asian Studies as a discipline and to the countries and cultures of East and South Asia. These courses will begin to build the critical thinking, communication, and intercultural competencies that will allow you to succeed in more advanced courses.
As you progress to more narrowly defined regional and thematic courses, you will examine in greater depth the societies, cultures, political systems, economies, and histories of the peoples and nations of South and East Asia, as well as their interactions with Canada and the rest of the world.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Intercultural Competencies: Thinking, Speaking, Acting Globally
- Contemporary Japanese Society and Culture
- A Passage to South Asia: Introduction to South Asian History
- Beyond the Middle Kingdom: Introduction to East Asian History
- Late Imperial China
- Regional Geography of South Asia
- Regional Geography of East Asia
- Japan under the Shoguns, 1600-1868
- Asian Philosophy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 276 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students pursuing a major in Asian Studies must be admitted to the Faculty of Arts.
- All applicants to undergraduate studies must satisfy KPU's Undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement through an acceptable High school course, undergraduate course, KPU course, or testing option.
International20136 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10068 CAD per semester during 48 months.
National4426 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 CAD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Surrey
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.