The Department of Romance French Languages at Saint Thomas University offers majors and honours programs in French, and faculty members from the department work closely with majors and honours candidates in planning programs that are appropriate to their interests and abilities.
You'll find courses aimed at helping you perfect your reading, listening, speaking and writing skills as well as a wide range of courses in French, Québécois and Acadian literatures. Due to its association with Francophone worlds, all having immeasurable intellectual and artistic impacts on the development of Western culture and humanism, the Romance Languages Department has a pivotal role to play in a liberal arts curriculum.
Our department seeks to foster global citizens by exposing students to the diversity of Francophone worlds via the study of literature, cultural media, cinema, and art. The strong focus that our programs place on the acquisition of advanced and superior levels of second-language literacy development (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) result in an increased awareness of the crucial role communication skills—oral and written—play in developing and expressing complex ideas and arguments. French courses offer a rigorous program in oral communication, grammar, composition, translation, literature, and cultural studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Langue Francaise
- Textes: la Francophonie
- Grammaire du franais
- Conversational French
- Communication orale
- Grammaire avance
- De l'oral l'crit
- Civilisation Du Monde Francophone
- Decouverte de la Prose et du Cinema
- Decouverte de la posie et du thtre
- L'tranger parmi nous
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 133 other Masters in Literature in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have your official transcript sent from your high school to the Admissions Office at email@example.com
- In addition to a high school transcript, international applicants whose primary language is not English must also arrange to have an official copy of their English proficiency scores sent directly to the Admissions Office. The St. Thomas University ETS institution code is 0803. International applicants who indicate that they are Permanent Residents must provide a photocopy of their official Permanent Resident cards.
International16389 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16389 CAD per year during 48 months.
National7292 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7292 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.