The Communications and Public Policy Major at Saint Thomas University explores the connection between communicating with citizens and creating, implementing, and evaluating public policy. Students in the program will explore the influence of communications in the process of a participatory democracy, preparing them to work as communications professionals in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
The program encourages its graduates to be able to work in both English and French and provides opportunities for bilingual students and French immersion students to continue their studies in both languages. Upper-year courses offer students the opportunity to complete course work (and internships) in English and French.Critical and transferable skills gained from studying Communications and Public Policy include writing, critical thinking, written and verbal communications, multimedia and social media skills that interact with course work, public speaking and professional presentations, professional career preparation skills, and many others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Economics
- Intro to Environmental Problems
- Intro to Perspectives on the Environment
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Praxis
- Natural Resources and First Nations of the Maritimes
- Native Environmental Ethics and Ecology
- Society and Ecology
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Food, Science & Sustainability
- Natural Disasters
- Energy and Society
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Public Policy Digital Communication View 12 other Masters in Corporate Communication in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have your official transcript sent from your high school to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to a high school transcript, international applicants whose primary language is not English must also arrange to have an official copy of their English proficiency scores sent directly to the Admissions Office. The St. Thomas University ETS institution code is 0803. International applicants who indicate that they are Permanent Residents must provide a photocopy of their official Permanent Resident cards.
International16389 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16389 CAD per year during 48 months.
National7292 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7292 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.