We approach the texts of the Catholic intellectual tradition with a view toward understanding the role that Catholicism has played in the human search for meaning and in the conviction that thinking is a critical part of belief.
Catholic Studies at Saint Thomas University enthusiastically welcomes students from any or no faith tradition. The program is dedicated to a critical and scholarly engagement with Catholicism, and is dispositionally nondogmatic. Courses are especially attentive to the ways in which the Catholic intellectual tradition can help students understand issues of social and economic justice and peace.
You are therefore given the freedom to explore perennial human questions and pressing contemporary concerns in a way that is open to the potential contributions of faith. You are also given the chance to study the Catholic Church itself, as a cultural and political, as well as a religious institution. You will also benefit from co- and extra-curricular events, service opportunities, scholarly activities, and community outreach sponsored by the St. John XXIII Centre for Catholic Studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Catholicism
- Introduction to the Hebrew Bible
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Basic Issues in Theology
- Book of Isaiah
- Gospel of John
- Christian Liturgy and Sacramental Life
- Jesus of Nazareth - Christ of Faith
- Jesus the Christ as Understood Throughout History
- The God of Christians
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 47 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have your official transcript sent from your high school to the Admissions Office at email@example.com
- In addition to a high school transcript, international applicants whose primary language is not English must also arrange to have an official copy of their English proficiency scores sent directly to the Admissions Office. The St. Thomas University ETS institution code is 0803. International applicants who indicate that they are Permanent Residents must provide a photocopy of their official Permanent Resident cards.
International16389 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16389 CAD per year during 48 months.
National7292 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7292 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.