At a Glance
Our society relies on Electrical Engineers for everything from low power electrical machines, control systems, to high voltage electrical power generation and distribution systems. Electrical and Electronic engineering is one of the most satisfying subjects that you can study.
If your interests are science, technology or mathematics, then consider electrical and electronic engineering as your career. In the Engineering (Electrical and Electronic) programme of the University of Aberdeen you will use your imagination, creativity and knowledge to provide society with the complex systems it needs. In your future career you may design the machines that supply our energy needs, digital control systems for aircraft, internet-enabled sensors, design complete computer systems on a silicon chip, photonics to instrument the ocean depths, create stunning electronic displays, or design the latest communications satellite or mobile phone.
Electrical engineers work with a wide range of large electrical devices, from power stations to renewable energy devices. They work with control systems involving motors and computers in industrial plant such as an offshore structure. Electronic engineers design and build computer systems, often specialised computers for a specific task. They develop instrumentation and optical systems that provide the eyes and wears we need to understand our world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- CAD and Communication in Engineering Practice
- Electronics Design
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 670 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standard: ABBB (Mathematics and Physics or Engineering Science required*)
- Minimum: BBB (Good performance required in Mathematics and Physics*)
- Adjusted: BB (Good performance required in Mathematics*)
* These subjects can be either held at the time of application or be achieved during the appropriate admissions cycle.
- Standard: BBB (Good performance required in Mathematics, plus at least one from Physics, Design & Technology, Engineering or Chemistry)
- Minimum: BBC (Good performance required in Mathematics, plus at least one from Physics, Design & Technology, Engineering or Chemistry)
- Adjusted: BB (Good performance required in Mathematics)
English Language Requirements
International20700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20700 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- RUK Students fee - £9,250 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.