Econometrics and Operations Research at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is a top programme— it is rated one of the best Dutch Bachelor’s programmes by Keuzegids Universiteiten. The programme offers a unique combination of econometric theory and practice, advanced methods for complex decision-making, as well as economic theory.
After the Bachelor’s programme, you will be able to choose from a number of Master’s programmes. As an econometrics graduate, you will be highly desired on the job market. You stand out because of your quantitative expertise, combined with knowledge of economics and business.
Imagine: a new mobile phone is about to be launched. How many potential customers are there? How many will actually purchase the phone? Are these new customers or existing customers? What kind of price can we ask for? All of these are predictions on the basis of which companies make decisions. In the Bachelor’s programme in Econometrics and Operations Research, you will discover what the best decisions are, based on predictions that you yourself learn to make.
Job opportunitiesAs an econometrics graduate, you will stand out amongst the rest because you combine expertise in quantitative methods combined with knowledge of economics, business and programming. That will make you particularly interesting to employers. There are many different options. You can continue with research, work in the public sector, or join a private company. For instance, our graduates work with central banks, government institutions, airlines, internet companies, banks, insurance companies, in management at large hospitals or in consulting.
Why Econometrics And Operations Research At VU Amsterdam?
- VU Amsterdam offers an international education that focuses on the international labour market, with a lot of attention given to methodology and theory. Future employers can easily be found in the Zuidas business district, just a stone's throw away.
- VU Amsterdam is an easily accessible campus university where you will meet students from all disciplines.
- The study association Kraket is not only active and fun, but it also helps you with questions about your studies. Within the programme, the lines are short and students and teachers can easily get in contact with one another!
- Econometricians with a diploma are highly desired in the labour market. At VU Amsterdam, you will be actively assisted in finding the job that suits you best.
Join VU Amsterdam for an online Taster Day! During this event, you will get a taste of what life is like as a student at our university. You will get to know one specific Bachelor's programme and find out what you can expect in terms of the content. There is also an opportunity to meet students who are currently following the programme.
On-demand Bachelor’s dayDid you miss the Online Bachelor's Day on February 6? With a My Study Choice account, you can get access to the open day platform from February and view the various study programme videos!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Programming (Java)
- Probability Theory
- Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Econometrics, Operations Research and Mathematical Economics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Numerus Fixus: 15 January
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April
- National students, EU/EEA students and students who do not need a study visa/residence permit through VU Amsterdam: 1 May
DisciplinesMathematics Educational Research Econometrics View 12 other Masters in Mathematics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants holding a pre-university diploma from another country must meet a number of requirements. If you do not yet meet the requirements but expect to do so in the future (such as obtaining your diploma), you can already apply. We will evaluate your application and inform you of our admission decision. All outstanding requirements need to be met in full by the time you enrol for the programme.
International8870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8870 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.