The Bachelor of Medical Imaging programme from Unitec Institute of Technology provides you with the clinical and theoretical knowledge to work as a medical imaging technologist (MIT). To safely obtain images using radiation for diagnostic use, you need a sound understanding of anatomy, physiology, pathology, physics, and the medical radiation equipment and clinical techniques you will use in the industry. We'll help you develop these skills so you complete your degree confident and work-ready. You'll also get an introduction to more advanced imaging systems.
- Leads to industry registration: once you've completed this programme you can apply for registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
- This programme is an internationally recognised qualification.
- Highly qualified teaching staff with extensive first-hand experience of clinical provision and discipline need.
Accredited by the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Structural Osteology and Arthrology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Health Sciences View 16 other Masters in Human Medicine in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For this programme, you will need the following:
- 42 credits at NCEA Level 3 or higher including:
- 14 credits in two different approved subjects, and;
- 14 credits from up to two subjects (approved or non-approved);
- NB: Your 42 credits must also include 12 credits at Level 3 in English or a literacy-approved subject, Mathematics and one Science subject (physics preferred);
- Be at least 17 years old by the time the programme begins;
- Be able to participate in all clinical aspects of the programme;
- Complete a self-declaration of criminal convictions and medical conditions form;
- Provide two forms of ID and evidence of any name changes;
- Consent to a police vet check;
- Provide the names of two referees who Unitec or your placement provider can contact;
- If required, participate in an interview;
- If required, provide a chronological summary of your work history for the past 5 years and the name of any professional organisations
International15135 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15135 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National4810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4810 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
- Domestic/NZ students
- International students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.