The B.A. in Mass Communication (MCE) from the University of Sharjah is taught exclusively in English and involves a broad range of knowledge in Mass Communication. The program allows students to develop interest in certain areas of specializations through their graduation project.
The MCE program includes both theoretical and practical/hands-on learning approaches. The program utilizes up-to-date facilities as broadcast studios, desktop publishing labs, iNews and multimedia labs and other instructional facilities that meet international standards in the field.
- Because of the generalist nature of the Program, graduates have many career opportunities in public and private media companies in the UAE or abroad. Program graduates may work in TV and radio stations in careers such as media writing, translation, video shooting and editing, directing, program hosting.
- They may also work in newspapers, magazines, and advertising agencies in careers such as graphic and layout design or web design. Program graduates may work in public relations sections in any public or private company as well.
- Media Writing
- Communication Theories
- Media Law and Ethics
- Communication Research Methods
- Graduation Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 6 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of student passport (valid).
- Copy of UAE National Family Registry for local students.
- Copy of residence visa for non-local students (valid).
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Four recent passport-size colored photographs.
- Health Fitness Certificate. The test must be done in University Hospital or university's clinic or any governmental authority in the UAE. Click here to download the form (Please write the student's name and University ID number and attach a picture on the form).
- Copy of Good Conduct Certificate (valid).
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Copy of UAE National Identity Card (valid).
- AED 360 cash application fees (Non-refundable).
- An English Language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or EmSAT).
International12645 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12645 EUR per year during 48 months.
National12645 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12645 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.