Graduates from the Petroleum Geosciences and Remote Sensing program at University of Sharjah will find employment opportunities covering a wide spectrum mainly in petroleum sectors.
Geoscientists are in high demand in many oil and gas industries, mineral and water exploration, geo-imaging and remote sensing, natural risks management, environmental monitoring, forensic geosciences and archaeological excavation and preservation , as well as research positions in industry and government laboratories.
Career OpportunitiesThe main potential employers and probable outlets for Geoscientists in the UAE are:
- National and international oil and gas companies such as ADNOC, ADMA and ADCO, ENOC, Dubai Oil and gas, ExxonMobil, Shell, BP, Total and Schlumberger.
- Governmental agencies with activities related to soil, water, energy, and environment; such as Ministry of Environment and Water, Ministry of Energy, Abu Dhabi and other Environmental Agency as well as Municipalities in all the Emirates.
- Academic and educational institutions.
- Civil Engineering Bureaus, construction companies and cement and rock quarries industry at both large and small scale entrepreneurs.
- Police authority in forensic laboratories.
- Archaeological and Heritage Museums.
- Physical Geology
- Sedimentary Rocks and Sedimentology
- Stratigraphy and Structural Geology
- General Geophysics
- Regional Geology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Mining, Oil & Gas View 4 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of student passport (valid).
- Copy of UAE National Family Registry for local students.
- Copy of residence visa for non-local students (valid).
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Four recent passport-size colored photographs.
- Health Fitness Certificate. The test must be done in University Hospital or university's clinic or any governmental authority in the UAE. Click here to download the form (Please write the student's name and University ID number and attach a picture on the form).
- Copy of Good Conduct Certificate (valid).
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Copy of UAE National Identity Card (valid).
- AED 360 cash application fees (Non-refundable).
- An English Language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or EmSAT).
International11715 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11715 EUR per year during 48 months.
National11715 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11715 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.