A student undertaking this program should complete a total of 134 credit hours.
Graduates from the Medical Laboratory Sciences program at the University of Sharjah will be prepared to pursue a wide range of careers opportunities in many fields including:
- Clinical laboratory generalists in hospitals, clinics or private laboratories.
- Clinical laboratory specialists working in areas such as microbiology, hematology, blood bank, chemistry, molecular biology/DNA, histocompatibility, immunology, and stem cell/bone marrow labs.
- Clinical laboratory supervisors or managers.
- Quality assurance and quality specialists in hospitals or industry (e.g. pharmaceutical quality operations).
- Technical representatives, sales representatives or research and development specialists in laboratory industries.
- Molecular Genetics
- Medical Microbiology
- Immunology and Serology
- Histopathological Techniques
- Diagnostic Microbiology
- Clinical Parasitology
- Clinical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 8 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of student passport (valid).
- Copy of UAE National Family Registry for local students.
- Copy of residence visa for non-local students (valid).
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Four recent passport-size colored photographs.
- Health Fitness Certificate. The test must be done in University Hospital or university's clinic or any governmental authority in the UAE. Click here to download the form (Please write the student's name and University ID number and attach a picture on the form).
- Copy of Good Conduct Certificate (valid).
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Copy of UAE National Identity Card (valid).
- AED 360 cash application fees (Non-refundable).
- An English Language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or EmSAT).
International12075 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12075 EUR per year during 48 months.
National12075 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12075 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.