The General Health Care (Honours) programme of the Open University of Hong Kong provides the challenge to people who have interest to practice in the health care field and have the vision of providing high quality nursing care in general/psychiatric aspect.
- Two programmes with different specialty nature are presented currently. Students are offered with a holistic view on undergraduate nursing education and the opportunity to make a choice.
- The Bachelor of Nursing with Honours in Mental Health Care programme is the first education programme for full-time students in Hong Kong which advances the basic training for Registered Nurse (Psychiatric) to undergraduate level. It provides important reference for the development of subsequent programmes of similar nature.
- The recently established Clinical Nursing Education Centre implements highly advanced computer technology and is specially designed to provide a risk-free clinical simulated learning environment for teaching and learning nursing skills pertaining to general nursing, psychiatric nursing and Chinese medicinal nursing, from the basic to advanced level.
- The programme incorporates iPad mini into clinical practicum. Every student is provided with an iPad mini which has loaded with learning materials and the clinical assessment system. During practicum, students can refer to the learning materials conveniently and complete the clinical assessment feasibly.
The programme prepares students to be Registered Nurses (General/Psychiatric) and practice in Hong Kong. Upon obtaining the academic and professional qualification, graduates can practice as Registered Nurses (General/Psychiatric) in various health care settings such as hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centres and residential care homes.
As the graduates gain clinical experience, they will gradually progress to senior nurses and take up the different roles such as advanced practitioners to implement advanced nursing practice; managers to oversee a working unit and supervise the junior nurses; or educators to engage in teaching activities within an educational institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamental Nursing Practice
- Sociology for Nurses: Principles and Application
- Psychology for Nurses: Principles and Application
- Behavioural and Social Sciences for Nurses
- Health Assessment
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing Health Management Health Sciences View 3 other Masters in Health Management in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students can apply through JUPAS and should normally have attained in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination results of Level 3 or above in Chinese and English, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject from Category A. The elective subject should preferably be a science subject, i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Combined Science, Integrated Science, or Health Management & Social Care.
- Students who do not posses HKDSE qualifications are eligible to apply for direct admission if they posses other qualifications equivalent to the HKDSE. Students should submit their applications directly to the University under the non-JUPAS route.
International19390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19390 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National14916 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14916 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
- National: 115,600 HKD per year
- International: 150,280 HKD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.