Through four years of study, students will acquire knowledge and technical skills in different aspects of media production, which will pave their way to becoming producers and project managers in the industry. Emphasis will be given to the creative use of media technology and aesthetics in developing advertising strategies. Students of this programme will be provided with an education that prepares them to be creative with a global cultural perspective.
General Description of the Programme
This is a four-year full-time programme with courses offered in face-to-face mode. The programme aims to provide students with an in-depth education and professional training in in the field of new media advertising.. Students will be assessed continuously on the quality of assignments, projects, essays, reports, presentations and/or examinations.
Aims and Objectives
Upon completion of the Creative Advertising and Media Design (Honours) programme of the Open University of Hong Kong, students should be able to:
- Manage media design project with professional competency and skills;
- Appraise the subtle and complex relationship between culture, new media and advertising design;
- Apply knowledge of the principles and practice of contemporary advertising to formulate creative strategies;
- Critically evaluate historical and contemporary approaches to advertising design in both printed, electronic and digital media and measure their effectiveness;
- Develop original design according to the needs of different clients.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advertising Media
- Principles and Practices of the Media
- Studio Art I: Drawing and Life Drawing
- Copywriting Workshop
- Media Production Skills
- Cinematic Sound Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 7 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) qualifications are required to obtain Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject3 (or equivalent).
- Applicants with local academic qualifications other than HKDSE are required to:
- Complete Year 1 study of a recognized Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programme; or
- Obtain Grade E or above in AS Chinese Language & Culture4 and Use of English, and 2 AL / 1 AL plus 2 AS / 4 AS subjects in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (or equivalent).
- Applicants with non-local academic qualifications are required to obtain:
- Grade E or above in 2 AL / 1AL plus 2 AS subjects5 in the General Certificate of Education AL / International AL; or
- An overall minimum score of 24 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma; or
- Other equivalent overseas academic qualifications (as determined by the University).
International11271 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11271 USD per year during 48 months.
National8670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8670 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 67,200 HKD per year
- International: 87,360 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.