The Information Technology programme from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences offers you:
- Excellent combination of basic and professional courses in Information Technology
- High-quality education with no tuition fees
- A solid basis to work as an engineer both in Finland and abroad
- Major options in Software Engineering, Smart Systems and in Mobile Solutions
- International and supportive learning environment
- Multidisciplinary educational institution with a vast partner network
Could I be a student in Information Technology?
Yes you can! You don't need to be a computer wizard to start with as we will equip you with the skills and knowledge required in the field. You just need to be committed and hard-working student with a devoted attitude towards the world of information technology and engineering. We offer you an international study environment in which you have a possibility to make friends and future colleagues with students from all around the world.
What will you study?
You will learn the basics in core engineering subjects such as mathematics and physics. Professional studies in Information Technology will fortify your engineering skills in addition to languages and communication skills and business courses that will top-up your competence.
You will be linked to working-life throughout your studies via industry-related projects, work placement periods and a Final Year Project. This gives you a chance to create useful networks and plan your future career whilst studying.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe course offerings include:
- Embedded Systems programming
- Internet of Things
- Modern Measurement Systems and Sensor Technologies
- Open-source Operating Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 6 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To be eligible, the applicant must have completed one of the following qualifications by 31 July:
- the Finnish upper secondary school leaving certificate
- the Finnish Matriculation Examination
- the International Baccalaureate (IB) degree
- the European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma
- the Reifeprüfung (RP) or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) degree
- a Finnish basic vocational degree covering 120 credits or a skills score of 180 or a corresponding earlier Finnish vocational degree covering at least 80 credits
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the country in question or
- a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
No tuition fee if you are an EU/EEA citizen.
Living costs for Espoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.