These include robots, autonomous vehicles, smart sensors, and internet-of-things devices. In the modern world, many of these things are the basis for brand new services or service improvements in areas such as health and wellbeing, assistive living, safety, smart manufacturing, retail, and hospitality, among others.
In addition to strong software skills, students completing the degree in Robotics and Intelligent Devices will develop strong competencies in systems and knowledge of how systems fit together, through areas such as electronic hardware design, signal processing, and system control.
Blending Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, we focus on adding intelligence to every day systems and developing robots that can interact with humans and our environment. Through project work, students will explore robotics and intelligent devices and may focus their project work throughout the programme in a specific area of their interest or blend thematic areas.
You will have the opportunity to work with multiple robotic and intelligent device platforms and you will develop a portfolio of projects over the course of your degree programme. Students combine their work in hardware and software, equipping them with a blend of skills which will lead them to work on items such as music devices, physical computer interfaces, mobile phones, healthcare systems and more.
The development of Robotics, AI, and intelligent device technologies is progressing at a rapid pace and creating demand for new skills. Employment opportunities may be found in sectors such as manufacturing, food science, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, energy, communications, research and less obvious areas such as finance.
- Possible graduate roles may include robotics engineer, software engineer/developer, embedded systems engineer/developer, intelligent systems architect, and intelligence analyst.
- Students of this Robotics and Intelligent Devices program at the Maynooth University will benefit from a work placement opportunity in their 3rd year and a portfolio of projects to show to potential employers.
- Once a student has completed the degree in Robotics and Intelligent Devices they may continue their education in Maynooth through postgraduate studies and PhD programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Systems
- Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Systems and Control
- Physics for Engineers
- Robotics Systems Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences View 86 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum standard in order to be eligible for consideration for admission is specified for Level 8 in each country section (see EU & EFTA Qualifications link above). In all cases proof of English proficiency is required. In addition there are specific subject requirements for most courses
- Only subjects which are normally recognised for purposes of admission to Irish Higher Education Institutions will be considered. In general, vocational subjects will not be considered for Level 8 courses.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4317 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4317 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.