- Work placements take place in Tusla-notified Early Childhood Education and Care settings. Those working in the sector may use their workplace as their placement setting. However alternative placements are also required each year.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Teaching and Learning is a progressive Level 8 degree, supporting the development of outstanding early childhood educators.
- This degree offers graduates the option of progressing their careers in varied professional roles.
- This Early Childhood Teaching and Learning degree from Maynooth University is approved by the Qualifications Advisory Board (instituted to review Level 7 and Level 8 Degree Programmes for the Early Learning and Care Sector) as meeting the requirements of the Professional Award Criteria and Guidelines standards.
Graduates emerge as early years teaching professionals. Career progression within this sector for those with a level 8 Early Childhood degree is expanding rapidly within and beyond Early Childhood Education and Care settings to include opportunities within policy development and evaluation agencies within government departments, semi-state bodies and NGO’s.The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Teaching and Learning positions graduates to spearhead and lead learning in Early Childhood Education and Care services. Graduates may also take up roles with local development agencies within the early childhood sector, both nationally and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Reflective Practice: Educator as Learner
Health and Wellbeing for Babies and Toddlers
Inclusion in Early Childhood Education
Philosophy, Culture and Constructs of Early Childhood Education and Care
Professional Development and Professional Placement 1
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 47 other Bachelors in Education in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Maynooth University and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official academic transcripts and diplomas
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation (x2) for postgraduate students only
- English proof of proficiency (if required). If your score is pending you may submit your application for review and send your score later.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.