- performance skills through individual tuition and take an active part in one of the Department’s vocal or instrumental ensembles.
- creative potential through studies of electroacoustic composition, Irish traditional music, ethnomusicology, jazz and popular music, music therapy, the classical repertoire.
- critical and analytical skills through modules in analysis, musicology, and music history.
- Music teacher, choral director, church organist/director of music, music librarian, orchestral/session musician, composer/arranger;
- Arts administration, multimedia, music industry, music journalism, music publicity and recording, radio production and presentation;
- Management consultancy and information technology.
- Postgraduate courses which may be offered by the Department include:
- MA in Composition, MA in Creative Music Technologies, MA in Musicology, MA in Irish Traditional Music
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creativity and Technique
- Music Studies
- Music Traditions and Repertoires
- Advanced Harmony & Harmonic Analysis
- Analytical Methods
- Electronic Music Composition
- Ensemble Performance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 32 other Bachelors in Music in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum standard in order to be eligible for consideration for admission is specified for Level 8 in each country section (see EU & EFTA Qualifications link above). In all cases proof of English proficiency is required. In addition there are specific subject requirements for most courses
- Only subjects which are normally recognised for purposes of admission to Irish Higher Education Institutions will be considered. In general, vocational subjects will not be considered for Level 8 courses.
- All BMus students take individual tuition in their instrument or voice with an approved performance tutor. In the final year you have the chance to specialise in performance, composition or musicology. Group piano tuition is an option open to all levels from absolute beginner to advanced. Where possible, the Department of Music arranges instrumental/vocal tuition on campus.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3415 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3415 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.