Our BA (Hons) Archaeology from The University of the Highlands and Islands is closely linked to the distinctive cultural heritage of Scotland, but also places all of that within a much broader global context.
The degree will provide you with a detailed understanding of the practice of archaeology. You will also develop your own practical skills in archaeology through hands on experience and archaeological placements.
You will receive research-led teaching from lecturers engaged in world-class research on projects from the Scottish Islands, the UK and Ireland, to the Atlantic region and Polynesia.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have completed your BA (Hons) Archaeology degree you might like to consider careers in:
- Archaeological contract units
- Archives and museums
- Government agencies and local authorities
- Media and politics
- Tourism and heritage management
- Archaeology and interpretation
- Archaeology project
- Archaeological sciences
- Funerary and burial archaeology
- Maritime archaeology and heritage of Northern Scotland
- The Iron Age of Scotland c800BC-800AD
- Peoples, plants and animals
- Vikings and Norse archaeology
- Neolithic Scotland
- Landscape archaeology
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Geography View 199 other Bachelors in Archaeology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade BBC or above, or
- 2 A levels at grade BC or above
- At least two should be from the list of relevant academic subjects.
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or experience will be considered on an individual basis
- HNC Social Science (12 SCQF credits) with 3 additional SCQF credits at level 7, and at least grade C in the Graded Unit, will be considered for direct entry to year two
International12360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Eu: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.