- The Engineering Geology and Geotechnics programme at The University of Exeter is designed to prepare you to tackle important environmental and infrastructure challenges from an engineering perspective, including safe supply of critical raw materials and resources
- Gain technical experience through over 60 days of fieldwork as well as laboratory classes, optional industry placement and independent research possibilities
- Study in Cornwall with access to incredible and unique local geology on your doorstep
- Taught at Exeter’s Penryn campus by Camborne School of Mines, a combined geoscience and mining department with an international reputation for research-inspired teaching and excellent graduate prospects
Geologists are required to help the global community deal with a range of environmental problems related to climate, energy, water, air pollution, natural hazards, supply of raw materials, and more.
Geology and geoscience degrees not only prepare you to tackle the world’s biggest environmental challenges, but they also lead to high employment rates and decent salaries, with graduate opportunities in the UK and around the world. The Camborne School of Mines Association and the award-winning University of Exeter Careers Service have the skills and a strong network of alumni to help you find employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dynamic Planet
- Earth and Environmental Chemistry
- Crystallography, Mineralogy and Gemstones
- Earth History and Palaeontology
- Field Geology and Geological Maps
- Surveying and Digital Mapping
- Quantitative Methods for GeoScientists
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSoil Science Geology General Engineering & Technology View 20 other Bachelors in Soil Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAB - ABB GCE AL in two science subjects at grade B or AL Geology at grade B.
- GCE AL science includes: Biology/Human Biology*; Chemistry; Computing; Design and Technology; Economics; Electronics; Environmental Studies; Geography; Geology; Maths/Pure Maths/Further Maths*; Physical Education; Physics; Psychology; Science (applied); Statistics. *If more than one of these is taken they would only count as one 'science' but could count as two A-levels towards our general requirements.
- IB 34/665-32/655 Two sciences at HL5 or Geology at HL5
- GCSE C or 4 Grade C or 4 in GCSE English Language and Mathematic
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.