- Benefit from excellent facilities spanning a wide range of machine types and software ecosystems
- Our world-class teaching is informed by active, up-to-the-minute research of international standing in developing fields including machine learning, artificial intelligence, and nature-inspired computation
- Industry experience available to all students through summer placements or year-long Industrial Placement
- Comprehensive, relevant programmes inspired by the Computer Science development cycle: theory, design, develop, test and apply
- We maintain excellent teaching links with computer-related industry partners such as IBM, The Met Office, NATS and Motorola
A Computer Science programme at The University of Exeter is highly valued by employers. Management and personal skills are built into our programmes and our students take advantage of the wide range of extracurricular and personal development opportunities offered by the University, including volunteering and playing an active role in student societies.
Career opportunities for computer scientists are limitless and graduates can be found working in the private and public sector in areas such as software engineering, health, communications, education, life sciences, physical sciences, finance and manufacturing. Computer scientists from Exeter have a reputation as being articulate, numerate, problem solvers, who typically claim great job satisfaction, a good salary and a huge range of career possibilities.
Our single honours Computer Science degrees explore more than simply how computers and software work. They focus on the wider context within which the subject must operate; from the precise technical details to the social, scientific and industrial application. By combining logical thinking with key mathematical skills, they will lead to a wide variety of careers which require graduates who understand the science behind computer technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social and Professional Issues of the Information Age
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Computers and the Internet
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
- Computational Mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Machine Learning View 118 other Bachelors in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAA - AAB GCE AL Maths grade B
- Candidates may offer GCE AL Maths, Pure Maths or Further Maths.
- IB 36/666-34/665 HL5 in Mathematics (Analysis and Approaches)
- BTEC DDD Applicants studying a BTEC Extended Diploma will also require GCE AL Maths grade B
- GCSE C Grade C in GCSE English Language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.