Social workers have a responsibility to promote the rights of powerless people, protect the vulnerable and disadvantaged and address the causes and effects of offending behaviour.
During the Social Work (Hons) degree from the University of Strathclyde , you'll have the opportunity to work/study abroad, thanks to our well-established links with the University of Greensboro, North Carolina in the United States and an exchange agreement with the University of Malta.
Qualified social workers are in demand in a number of areas, especially children and family services. They are now among the best paid public sector workers.
Graduates from this course work in all levels of social work, including senior management positions, local authorities and in the independent sector.
Many graduates remain in contact with the University after securing employment, some acting as placement mentors for future students.
Scottish Social Services Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Preparing for Lifelong Learning
- Understanding Social Science and Social Research
- Psychology for Social Work
- Poverty, Disadvantage and Discrimination
- Values, Ethics and Justice
- People, Communities and Society
- Social Work Organisation and Collaborative Practice
- Social Work Processes and Practices
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Honours: 480 credits
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 604 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Highers (entry generally from S6)
- 1st sitting: AABB (English (or a social subject) B, Maths/Applications of Mathematics National 5 C)
- 2nd sitting: AAAB (English (or a social subject) B, Maths/Applications of Mathematics National 5 C)
- ABB (GCSE English Language 6/B or English Literature 6/B, GCSE Maths 6/b)
HNC/HND: Year 1 entry: HNC in Social Care, Social Sciences, Early Education and Child Care, Counselling, Working with Communities, and Learning and Development with A in graded unit; Year 2 entry: relevant HNC/HND plus minimum six months relevant and challenging work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250 per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.