Why study this course with us?
- We have worked hard to establish an expert capability in cybersecurity in order for you to fully benefit from this course. This includes several experts actively engaged in the field, who are able to provide expertise in investigation and cybercrime; in the practice of and theory behind exploitation and protection (security) measures; and in the application of cybersecurity aspects to business and organisations.
- The teaching material of the Cybersecurity course at the University of Chester is kept cutting edge, and our techniques are extremely engaging, including real-world examples and practices.
Cybersecurity graduates are in great demand across a variety of jobs, including in policing, in the goverment and government-run bodies, in industry from small companies to the very largest, in banking, and in the military and intelligence agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Skills for Computing
- Mathematics for Computing
- Operating Systems and Hardware
- Cyber Legislation and Introduction to Professional Investigation
- Foundations of Cybersecurity - Business
- Foundations of Cybersecurity - Concepts
- Foundations of Cybersecurity - Tools & Techniques
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Experiential Learning (Computing)
- Computer Systems and Networks
- Digital Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Conducting Cyber Crime Investigations
- Further Programming and Algorithms
- Enhancing your Employability through Work Based Learning
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 89 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 112
- GCE A-level - 112 UCAS points from GCE A Levels or equivalent. Typical offer - BCC/BBC. GCSE Maths grade C or above is also required.
- BTEC - BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM, BTEC Diploma:D*D*.
- International Baccalaureate - 26 points.
- OCR - OCR National Extended Diploma - Merit 2, OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma - DMM, OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma - D*D*.
- Please note that the University accept a maximum of 8 UCAS points from GCE AS Levels and that the Welsh Baccalaureate (core) and A Level General Studies will be recognised in our offer. A combination of A Levels and BTECs/OCRs will be considered. GCSE Maths grade C or above is also required.
- IELTS - 6 with no score less than 5.5 in any band.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12450 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.