Through studying this course you will develop the necessary industry standard skills and experience to carry out professional investigations to the highest level within commercial, public or criminal justice settings.
It is essential that all investigations are carried out professionally, our Criminal and Corporate Investigation course will ensure that you gain the essential legal knowledge and ability to conduct professional investigations whilst securing admissible evidence. The combination of practical role-play based activities and classroom teaching ensures that you are confident in your skills and knowledge, allowing you to be valuable asset to any organisation on graduation.
If you are interested in a career in professional investigation, or you are an investigator seeking an academic qualification to enhance your skills, then this course will give you the career progression that you seek. The Criminal and Corporate Investigation (Hons) course from the University of Northampton provides you with a comprehensive introduction to key theoretical and practical issues, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to confidently undertake professionally conducted investigations.
In Year 1 you will examine the underpinnings of investigative technique, in particular the criminal justice system, evidence and procedures and the theory of investigating a scene of crime.
In Year 2 you will be allowed to choose areas of interest such as Covert Investigations and Serious and Organised Crime, as well as developing your skills in criminal investigation.
In Year 3 you will be able to tackle a subject in greater depth, which may be of particular relevance to a current or future employer. You will also have the opportunity to delve deeper into areas such as internal investigations and the most up-to-date and relevant information surrounding cyber crime and identity theft.
- This Criminal and Corporate Investigation (Hons) course from University of Northampton will provide a route of entry into a profession where many of the roles within the private sector are currently filled by ex-police detectives or military personnel of mature age.
- The skills acquired will enable you to gain employment in a variety of professions such as managing teams in industry or commerce, roles within the public sector, the military, security or the police.
- This course provides an opportunity for existing investigators to gain an academic qualification that compliments their operational experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law and The Criminal Justice System
- Crime and Criminal Investigation
- Crime and Criminality
- Legislation for Policing and Investigators
- Covert Investigations
- Theoretical Concepts In Crime Scene Investigations
- Contemporary Criminal Justice
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 456 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A typical offer would be BCC at A Level or DMM at BTEC. However, international applications and applications from those with a range of non-traditional educational or professional qualifications are welcomed. Mature students with relevant experience as practitioners will be considered without normal entry requirements.
- There are opportunities for current practitioners to gain accreditation for prior certificated or experiential learning; these will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- The standard entry requirements for the Integrated Foundation Year are DEE at A level or MPP at BTEC.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK Part Time: £1,465
- UK Integrated Foundation Year: £6,780
- International Integrated Foundation Year: £13,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.