These transferable skills will help provide employment opportunities in Chemistry and non-chemistry based careers.
If you are interested in the areas of Chemistry that are important for the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries, then this is the degree for you.
Students of the Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry programme from Maynooth University have the opportunity to go on site visits to see the workings of pharmaceutical companies. A six-month work placement/internship, subject to availability, will give you an insight into the working environment of a professional chemist and help you to improve your career prospects.
There is a transfer pathway from 1st year MH201 Science to 2nd year MH210 Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry for students who have taken Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and another subject. Students must attain at least 60%. Places are limited and are based on 1st year results.
- The pharma-chemical industry in Ireland employs more than 25,000 people and produces €39bn in annual exports. Chemists work in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, agrochemical firms, oil companies and manufacturers of detergents, paints and cosmetics.
- Employment in the business sector and government organisations e.g. forensic science, journalism and the health services.
- Postgraduate study options include: Research MSc and PhD in Chemistry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical Techniques
- Biomedical Chemistry of Drug Action
- Biomolecule Production and Structure Determination
- Heterocyclic Carbohydrate and Peptide Chemistry
- Biotechnology Processes
- Cellular Biotechnology
- Molecular Biology of the Cell
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Chemistry Pharmacy View 58 other Bachelors in Chemistry in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum standard in order to be eligible for consideration for admission is specified for Level 8 in each country section (see EU & EFTA Qualifications link above). In all cases proof of English proficiency is required. In addition there are specific subject requirements for most courses
- Only subjects which are normally recognised for purposes of admission to Irish Higher Education Institutions will be considered. In general, vocational subjects will not be considered for Level 8 courses.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4317 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4317 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.