Develop a wide range of professional clinical skills at the Physiotherapy BSc course offered by the University of Southampton with:
- academic modules
- clinical placements
- world-class simulation facilities
You'll develop skills that will prepare you for modern practice that focuses on the patient. These include:
- team-working abilities
You'll learn to work with patients, their families and other healthcare professionals. Our teaching staff are a mix of academics and practising clinical physiotherapists.
You’ll complete over 1,000 hours of clinical placements as you train to be a physiotherapist, in settings ranging from community clinics to large hospitals. These will help you link theory with practice and will cover the core disciplines:
- special client groups
We actively involve patients and carers in our course, which places special emphasis on empathy and compassion.
This course meets the full academic requirements to register as a Chartered Physiotherapist by the Health and Care Professions Council.
You can expect excellent career prospects in a range of healthcare environments where physiotherapy is practised. These include:
- intensive care
- stroke rehabilitation
- musculoskeletal outpatients
- care for the older adult
The NHS is the UK’s largest employer of health practitioners, but other options include social care, private practice and the armed services. There are also career opportunities in industry, leisure and academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physiotherapy Practice
- Healthy Discussions
- Integrated Clinical Management
- Future Professional Practice: Influencing Innovation and Change
- Complex Clinical Management
- Research Methods
- Practice Placement
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications for 2021 are no longer taken.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Neuroscience Health Sciences View 101 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
One of the following:
- A-levels: AAB including one pure science subject with a pass in the practical
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Pass with 34 points overall with 17 points at Higher Level including a pure science
- BTEC: D*D in the BTEC Diploma plus A in a pure science A-level or D* in the BTEC Subsidary Diploma plus AB in A-level subjects including a pure science at Grade A
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24950 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- EU Full-time: £24,950 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.