Social Work (Hons) degree of Edge Hill University contains perspectives from social care and health services to ensure graduates can work effectively in the multidisciplinary environment of today’s social work and emphasises the application of theory in real-world settings.
You will develop the values and skills required to engage meaningfully with the realities of contemporary social work and be taught by staff with extensive experience of professional practice. Upon graduation you will be eligible to apply for registration with Social Work England.
A Social Work degree presents you with a range of career opportunities working with children, adults and their communities. You will be able to apply to work within the statutory, voluntary, private and independent sectors.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will gain eligibility to apply for registration with Social Work England as a qualified social worker. As social work is a regulated profession, you will be expected to adhere to the standards set out by the professional regulator as well as other profession-specific organisations and agencies, such as the British Association of Social Workers. The regulator also monitors the performance of social work courses at universities, the reports of which are in the public domain.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Life Course Development
- Social Work Law, Policy and Practice
- Engagement, Relationships and Interaction in Professional Practice
- Social Work and Society
- Theory, Research and Critical Practice with Adults
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 262 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer 120 UCAS Tariff points, plus GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or nationally recognised equivalent). No specific subjects are required but it is desirable to have studied Psychology or Sociology.
- Eligible candidates must provide evidence of study within the three years prior to application. Alternatively, you should have some relevant paid or unpaid experience and be able both to evidence this and relate it to social work as an activity with due regard for appropriate values, and an understanding of the nature of social work in contemporary society. You should recognise the perspective of people who use services, their families and carers and have a clear commitment to becoming a social worker.
International12250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12250 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.