Designed sound surrounds us in almost all areas of our lives. In this programme you will explore the physical properties of sound and learn how to technically design and manipulate it. You will produce soundtracks for various media such as film, animation and computer games, you will investigate the powerful effects of sound in different environments and become familiar with the entire acoustic communication chain - from the sound source to the recipient.
Our innovative approach that pays off
Audio designers compose music of various genres, create digital sound designs and acoustic special effects, realise speech productions and manage sound recordings with bands and ensembles. They write songs, orchestrate their own arrangements and develop digital musical instruments and apps. Audio designers work either freelance or are employed in a variety of industries.
- Phono industry, labels, studios
- Advertising, media and design agencies
- Audio software companies
- Production companies, TV and radio stations, radio play publishers
- Game producers
They work, for example, as:
- Sound designers
- Music producers
- Audio engineers
- Film musicians
- Software developers
- Product managers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Scoring
- Studio - Mastering & Mixing
- Sound Agency
- Language OR Physiology / Prevention
- Music Informatics
- Media Law (Music & Sound)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
If you are an international candidate (who needs to apply for a student visa), we recommend that you apply at least four months before the start of your studies.
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Music View 5 other Bachelors in Music in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife)
- Artistic works: three one-minute MP3s as independent artistic works
- Letter of motivation: why do you want to study audio design with us? What do you expect from your studies? Where do you see yourself in the future? (max. 2 pages)
- Copy of your identity card or passport
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 42 months.
- €750 / month (Citizenship EU/EEA incl. Switzerland and Western Balkans)
- €4,500 / semester (Citizenship Non-EU/Non-EEA)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.