You’ll work in our open plan studios alongside your peers where we foster a culture of creativity alongside a strong work ethic. We adopt a broad approach to specialist aspects of the discipline, which includes print, digital, textiles and innovative surfaces. You will use our specialist workshops for screen-printing, dyeing, digital printing, laser-cutting, material innovation and more, in addition to utilising industry-standard software for creative design in our Mac suites.
We love creativity, critical thinking and design in all its guises, but equally we recognise the desire to make a living doing something so wonderful, which is why we place a strong value on offering real world experiences and employability. You will be given opportunities to experience industry-standard trade fairs which in the past have included Indigo (Paris), MoOD (Belgium), Surtex (USA), and New Designers (London). You will also have opportunities to participate in a number of live briefs, competitions and employment related activities to ensure that you are as best prepared for industry as possible.
Our graduates in Textile Design (Hons) course at Leeds Arts University have secured jobs in fashion print and artwork; interior, design products and furnishings; wall coverings; cards and gift wrap; media and publishing; fashion marketing; styling; buying; and numerous other allied industries. Others set up their own businesses, producing work for private commissions or major brands.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year One — You‘ll engage with a number of themes and core skills, to explore and develop your practice in creative thinking and making, drawing, colour, and print. We will help you to identify, develop and express your own personal creative interests, aesthetic sensibilities and approaches to designing.
- Year Two — Innovation, live briefs, industry competitions and employability are the focus along with an outward facing approach to briefs, through which we produce work for international shows and a global audience. You will be encouraged to develop a personal design ‘handwriting’ that you can apply to your choice of design and specialist interests.
- Year Three — You will plan your own programme of work in response to your chosen specialist areas and design concerns. Through this you’ll develop the experience and professional portfolio you require to confidently present yourself to the design industry.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 208 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- - A portfolio of relevant practical work, demonstrating your ability and enthusiasm for the course you’re applying for.
- - You’ll need to have passed GCSE English Language or English Literature at grade C/grade 4 or above. For mature students, an Access to Higher Education qualification in art and design will also be acceptable to demonstrate English language ability.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Seven £2000 scholarships are available as a tuition fee discount for your first year of study. You can apply for the scholarship after receiving an offer to study here. Successful recipients will be informed during the first week of June.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.