This Graphic Design (Hons) course at Leeds Arts University will encourage you to develop your own voice, opinions and individual understanding of graphic design. You will build the discipline and skills you need to succeed in a professional environment. You will explore how the application of type and image can solve problems and communicate ideas, which will engage and challenge your audience.
The BA (Hons) Graphic Design course offers opportunities to collaborate with creatives from other disciplines and with different skills to your own.
Developing your creative understanding you will be able to communicate both visually and verbally. You will gain a wider understanding of the creative, social and ethical context of contemporary visual culture.
Our industry links are extensive, with an array of visiting professionals delivering lectures, seminars and workshops. You will have access to our Mac suites plus a range of the University’s facilities, with opportunities for cross-discipline collaboration. Places on this dynamic and fast-paced course are in high demand and you will be expected to put in the hours to reap the rewards.
Graduates work as freelancers, in a studio as part of a design team or set up their own studios. Careers include design for print (publishing, books, magazines and newspapers), branding, promotion, packaging, information graphics, retail and much more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year One — Focusing on the fundamentals of visual language you will investigate methods and design practice around type, language, image, narrative, meaning and message. You will work with typography, print, drawing processes, photography and screen based media.
- Year Two — Taking a more self-directed role you will develop your design practice using specialist workshops, critical assessments and seminars. This is where audience, context, distribution and ethical issues become fundamental to your practice.
- Year Three — You build on your understanding of professional practice, business and marketing skills, and project management. Working on a series of self-directed, negotiated and competition briefs, you will be supported to build a dynamic portfolio of work as well as exhibiting at the end of year show.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design View 252 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- - A portfolio of relevant practical work, demonstrating your ability and enthusiasm for the course you’re applying for.
- - You’ll need to have passed GCSE English Language or English Literature at grade C/grade 4 or above. For mature students, an Access to Higher Education qualification in art and design will also be acceptable to demonstrate English language ability.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Seven £2000 scholarships are available as a tuition fee discount for your first year of study. You can apply for the scholarship after receiving an offer to study here. Successful recipients will be informed during the first week of June.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.