The vibrant and collaborative learning environment will promote the exchange of ideas, whilst supporting your engagement with a diverse range of fashion practices through out this Fashion Photography (Hons) programme from Leeds Arts University.
Through the production of fashion film you will investigate the relationship of moving images to the photographic still image. You will deepen your knowledge of stylistic and aesthetic approaches within fashion imagery, and have opportunities to collaborate with designers, stylists, art directors, make-up artists and models to produce fashion images. We encourage you to take on new challenges and creative risks in response to briefs. You will be able to pursue genre specific areas of interest and be guided in the production of a portfolio that showcases contemporary fashion practices.
You will have access to a range of industry-standard digital equipment and technologies, including 35mm, medium and large-format cameras, medium-format digital camera backs, digital SLRs and video equipment. You’ll use our fully equipped lighting studios, infinity cove, and specialist darkroom facilities. We have colour-film processors, film scanners, digital video cameras and edit suites, and Mac suites that feature industry-standard software.
We invite internationally renowned speakers to give an insight into current industry practices and offer opportunities to engage with external practitioners. In the past our photography students have been on study visits to Paris, Milan and New York, plus day-trips within the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year One — We will give you the experience of working creatively on location and in the studio, with a range of digital equipment and technology as currently employed within the fashion industry. Your critical judgments will be enhanced through developing your understanding of the visual language and contextual theory for fashion images. Opportunities for collaborative projects will ensure that teamwork becomes a key part in the production of a range of visual outcomes.
- Year Two — ‘Moving image’ will be explored in depth alongside the ‘still image’ to recognise the distinctive qualities and uses of the different formats. External links with industry will be encouraged through work experience and undertaking case studies.
- Year Three — You’ll continue your practice to build an extensive portfolio, and contribute to the end of year show.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 682 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A portfolio of relevant practical work, demonstrating your ability and enthusiasm for the course you’re applying for.
- You’ll need to have passed GCSE English Language or English Literature at grade C/grade 4 or above. For mature students, an Access to Higher Education qualification in art and design will also be acceptable to demonstrate English language ability.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Seven £2000 scholarships are available as a tuition fee discount for your first year of study. You can apply for the scholarship after receiving an offer to study here. Successful recipients will be informed during the first week of June.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.