Through online learning tools and course software, you’ll be mentored by leading film professionals and interact with like-minded peers on industry-oriented projects. You’ll experience every phase of pre-production, production and post production, from pitching concepts and developing storyboards, to writing and analyzing screenplays, preparing budgets and creating shot lists, as well as navigating the complex worlds of business and distribution. You’ll develop a wide variety of productions from documentaries to commercials, public service announcements, short films, music videos, and even the beginnings of that feature you’ve always dreamt of making. The Film Production Diploma program is offered by Toronto Film School .
Real World Education
You’ll learn to shoot and edit in multiple styles and produce at least one film project per term. Through Industry oriented projects, you’ll be prepared with the competitive skills and portfolio to launch your career after graduation.
- Camera Operator
- Production Manager
- Sound Designer
- Post Production Supervisor
- Data Management Technician (DMT)
- Location Manager
- Technical Director
- Visual Effects Supervisor
Who hires our graduates?
- Ogilvy and Mather
- Raven Banner Entertainment
- Tricon Films + Television
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cinematic Language Studies
- Marketing and Promotional Media
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To become a Student at Toronto Film School:
- You must have an Ontario secondary school diploma (Grade 12) or its equivalent.
- You may be asked to take a mature student test, if you are over 18 and not enrolling directly from secondary school.
- You must meet the program specific requirements
- So you want to be a filmmaker? We want to hear your thoughts about film and storytelling.
- Storyboard: Dream up any film idea and develop a storyboard. You may also include dialogue and direction. Don’t worry about your drawing skills, you can use storyboard software or stick figures. We’re looking to see your ability for putting single visual frames into a sequence that tells a story. Storyboards will be returned during the third week of classes.We are looking for an applicant’s ability to put single visual frames in an order that tells a story.
- A digital copy of your storyboard can be submitted online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11860 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23720 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National9487 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18975 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.