Why study the Foundation Year in Computing and Engineering at Middlesex University?
During the foundation year you will learn how computers are used by a broad range of people and organisations as well as acquiring fundamental software development skills and knowledge of hardware. You also gain relevant mathematical and statistical skills and develop useful communication skills.
If you complete this year successfully you progress directly onto any one of our three-year degree courses. The number of students who progress to degree study are very high and in fact have gone on to become some of our most successful graduates.
The foundation year is for you if:
- you do not have the right qualifications for a full degree
- you feel you are not yet ready for degree-level study
- you are returning to study and feel you need some help to get up to speed with the demands of learning before embarking on a degree.
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Privy Council, Middlesex University is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Middlesex University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computing and Digital Technology
- SMART (Students Mastering Academic writing, Research and Technology)
- Foundation Mathematics
- Foundation Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 1944 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prior achievement in awarded qualifications
- Predicted achievement in qualifications currently being studied
- Personal statement or statement of purpose, for evidence of motivation and commitment to the chosen subject area(s)
- Reference(s), for confirmation of academic potential and personal qualities
- Details of time spent at another Higher Education (HE) institution, even if the course was not completed.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.