Based in the vibrant cross-border Öresund region that bridges Sweden and Denmark, the European Studies-Politics, Societies and Cultures programme from Malmö University offers a unique combination of European, national and regional perspectives.
This programme is ideal for those seeking a career in national administrations, EU institutions, or elsewhere in the private, public and voluntary spheres — as well as more locally in public administration. It also provides a solid foundation for further studies at master’s level.
We are the first generation in hundreds of years to have grown up in a Europe without war. At the same time, the early 21st century has seen new divisions and constellations that challenge the accepted European order of the last sixty years. There has never been a better time to study European studies and gain an understanding of the continent’s history, identity and politics.
The field of European Studies combines perspectives, theories and issues from political science, history, geography, law, culture and literature studies. Europe is complex — and it plays an increasingly important role in our lives. In order to fully understand Europe and the European Union, more than one national or scientific perspective is required. This three-year bachelor's programme provides you with a multidisciplinary approach to Europe in an international setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- European Studies: Europe as a Field of Knowledge and Europe as an Idea
- European Studies: Organizing European Space – From Early Modern Europe to the European Union
- European Studies: Historical and Institutional Perspectives on the European Union
- European Studies: European Union Law
- European Studies: The European Union as a Global Actor
- European Studies: European Political Cultures
- European Studies: Research Methods and Minor Thesis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Legal Studies Political Science View 3 other Masters in Political Science in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General entry requirements + Civics 1b / 1a1 +1a2. Or: Civics A, English B.
- For Swedish Upper Secondary Grades merit rating will be calculated according to Områdesbehörighet 6/A6
- final grades 66% national university aptitude test 34%
International7692 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23078 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Full tuition Fee: 235,000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.