University of Prince Edward Island was the first province in Canada to adopt Baccalaureate education as the exclusive entry to nursing practice. This decision placed us at the forefront in the initiative across Canada to locate Nursing education at the university level.
Students apply through the Registrar’s Office, and must submit the UPEI Undergraduate Application Form. Students in the Nursing – Accelerated Program are required to take the same courses and have the same number of clinical hours as students in the four-year BScN program.
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Medical Writer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment
- Introductory Pharmacology
- Pathophysiology for Nursing Students
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Pharmacy Nursing View 19 other Bachelors in Pharmacy in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent courses in English, Math, Chemistry, and Biology;
- completed an undergraduate degree with a minimum average of 75% (GPA 3.0 or B) in the last 20 courses of the degree and normally registered as a full-time student;
- students who have completed courses after being granted a degree must have a minimum 75% average based on the best 20 courses of the last 22 courses taken
International13590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13590 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6270 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6270 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlottetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.