Students in the Biology program at the University of Prince Edward Island may apply for a particular specialization any time before the end of their third year. Those that have not specified a specialization must meet the requirements for the General Biology Stream.
- The Life Sciences specialization may be of interest to students who intend to pursue careers or graduate studies related to veterinary medicine ('pre-vet'), human health professions, or research/innovation in biomedical or biotechnological sciences.
- The Environmental Biology specialization may be of interest to students interested in careers or graduate studies related to biodiversity and conservation, or wildlife biology in the modern context of climate change and human interactions.
- The General Biology stream will give students a broad background in biology, with good preparation for all areas of Modern Biology.
- A biology program is a common route toward the health professions (human and veterinary medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy, etc.), for which we offer strong pre-professional programs.
- It can also lead to careers in environmental analysis, biotechnology, laboratory diagnostics, and many other things.
- Biology graduates also often establish other sorts of careers (lawyer, business professional) for which the knowledge of biology can be a strong personal and professional asset.
- History of Biology
- Molecular Biology Research Techniques
- Design and Analysis of Biological Studies
- Environmental Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 126 for Honours
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 83 other Bachelors in Genetics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12 Academic English
- Grade 12 Academic Mathematics
- Two Grade 12 Academic Science subjects (acceptable subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Computer Science, Oceanography, Animal Science, Environmental Science)
- One additional Grade 12 Academic course
International6450 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6450 CAD per year during 48 months.
National6450 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6450 CAD per year during 48 months.
- International fee: $7,548 per year in addition to full-time course tuition
Living costs for Charlottetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.